Monday, June 15, 2009

FALLEN LORDS........BROKEN HEARTS !!


I agree, a purist has no business to comment or criticise the lackluster show of our very own Lords of T 20 at the mecca of cricket, the Lords, last night.


But the passion for the sport runs deep and flows unabated through these veins even after all these years. Can't just sit back and see the team in disarray. Once again, we have failed to rise to the occasion, and this time, due to the lack of application from its budding stars. It was appalling the way we went about chasing a modest total. I am not convinced about the mental approach of Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina at the top. I was shocked to hear Rohit's comment in the previous match after getting out cheaply. " I should have scored, but that's the way I play, its OK " , what an irresponsible thing to say. Every player is important when it's time for deliverance. T 20 isn't just about going hammer and tongs, it's also about commitment and discipline.



I think the sooner our younger lot learns about this, the better it's going to be for their own good. Hope Rohit and Suresh are listening.

No comments: