Sunday, February 14, 2010

HULLABALOO, CHOKI DHANI AND THE GREAT LET DOWN !


"Going to pink city and not visiting the village resort of Choki Dhani......you must be joking" - A common reaction of frequent travellers about this little hub of Rajasthani food and culture. Despite being mocked, I never payed any heed to my respected friends until yesterday evening, when at last ,I decided to visit Choki Dhani. By the evening the excitement had reached a feverish pitch. Even the light lunch in the afternoon, was a delibrate ploy to accomodate every single Rajasthani food item on the dinner menu at CD:-)


Alas! Luck had some other plans, and our euphoria was short lived. At the pearly gates of Choki Dhani we were greeted by sea of people and a waiting line which was resembling more like a monster serpent. A dejected couple told us that there's a mayhem inside and we might have to wait for hours to whet our appetite.


With our great hope gone, we had very little choice but to drag ourselves to the car and move to a less glitzy spot.


Sorry my friends, I really tried hard this time.............wish me luck for the future :-)

No comments: