Saturday, February 6, 2010

WISH I COULD FLY.....................AGAIN


I've just come back after paying a quick visit to the Zoo. Lot of excitement for the kids, but for yours truly it was something else. The appalling living conditions of the inmates, our friends from the wild, made me sick. Especially the beautiful birds inside the cage made me wonder, how cruel a man can be.

Wish I could help you
wish I could do magic
wish I could fix those wings
wish I could hold you, and take you back,
to the place where you belong
high up in the sky, deep inside the forest
high up on the mountains, right across the mighty sea
Wish I could trade places with you
take away all your miseries and set you free
Wish I could set you free.

1 comment:

Sanjeev Khanna said...

You have a beautiful heart my dear brother :-) The world can do with a lot more Naresh's. I'm glad to have known you so closely :-)