Saturday, November 6, 2010

A SMOKED POSTCARD............THE NIGHT THE BIG KIDS STOLE THE THUNDER


Despite all the hullabaloo, " SAY NO TO CRACKERS!...........LET'S NOT POLLUTE !! ", I was amazed to see the quantum of fireworks last night. What really gave me the spark was the big kid inside majority of grown ups unleashing havoc, on the roads, corridors, staircases ( met this big kid who is one hell of a lazy dude......to his little kid he said " come on son, let's blow some stairs of this building" ) , roof tops, in the neighbouring markets ( Surprised, are you ? Don't be. It happens only in India). I could only shake my head in disbelief , when I saw this cool dude in his late 30's, giving the road an extra carpet of crackers, with twinkle of excitement in his eyes akin to a little boy. A little further down the road I saw a masterclass ( Subject - HOW TO MAKE SOME NOISE) in action.............all the kids were standing in a bunch and watching the big kids stuffing loads of crackers inside an empty tin can. Sorry no marks for guessing what happened next :-).


Well, there you have it............not so sure about our little friends, but the big kids surely got smoked last night. And after what I saw, trust me neither alcohol nor marijuana..........all it takes is whole lot of fire power to get you going. DID I HEAR SOMEONE SAY, LEAD BY EXAMPLE ?.............Damage has already been done my friend. NEXT TIME ? Maybe or maybe not...we will see . Keeping watching this space.

No comments: