Friday, April 17, 2009

NET IS DEHUMANISING !!


Is it ?? Doesn't matter what I think. Keira Knightley ( Remember that beautiful face from Pirates of the Caribbean flick) surely does. I was reading this little piece of news in today's, Delhi Times ( City News pull out with Times Of India) and it got me thinking. The gorgeous lady doesn't think too much of the social networking sites and finds Internet dehumanising.

I thought its a very strong thing to say, especially at times when technology is all pervasive. Every human action is directly or indirectly linked to it. The importance of Internet can't be undermined in today's context. Distances have disappeared, things happen in real time.

But on second thoughts, I think the lady is right . Tech can be cold at times. One of my all time favorite, case in point is e cards. Its just not the same. Its not human. I would still prefer an envelope bearing my name with a nice little card inside carrying a hand written personal note. It surely feels human when you get one. Trust me, it does.



Think about it ! When was the last time you ventured out to pick up a greeting card? Do you remember the date when you had put pen to paper ?? Try it sometimes, surely feels human.

No comments: