Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's dying............and all I can do is watch.


The art of storytelling is slowly dying.............or is it dead already? I don't know. All I see when I look around, people nowadays are talking less, writing less. It's very easy to blame paucity of time for all this.I am a firm believer in the art of storytelling. Since I belong to media sales, I can take the liberty of commenting on the crucifixion of this wonderful art within my domain. I have been working for a fairly long time now and have always tried to impress upon my teammates the importance of this art.I know not everyone is equal and some could be more gifted in a particular skill than the others. But what really saddens me is the lack of intent in people. The willingness to learn and to improve is seldom there.I think it's important to follow up an excellent client meeting with a nice thank you note and a carefully worded, telling reinforcement of the proposition that was tabled earlier during the meeting.Acquiring business is like wooing a beautiful damsel. She needs to be charmed each time, every time. We have to utter those golden words, as many times, in as many different ways.

No comments: