Thursday, May 7, 2009

I AIN'T A CREEP ...I AM FLESH N BONE TOO !!


We don't live in a perfect world. In our blind quest for perfection, we have become a cold human race . In fact we have become immune to the imperfections that surrounds us. We are unwilling to notice and acknowledge the great divide that exist in our daily lives.



What do you think, when you see a ragpicker at the street corner. A charsi ( druggie) or an unfortunate son ?? If you have been to the pride, the most popular shopping hub, Connaught Place, at the heart of New Delhi, you can see them walking, limping, crawling any time of the day or night.

I find it quite disturbing . Imagine coming out of a fancy restaurant and being mobbed by these unfortunate sons right outside the door . It's hard to fathom why the Traders Union, or the cops ( with you, for you, always - friends in Khakhi) don't seek help from a NGO to rescue these guys. It's not about cleaning our streets , it's about finding a better place for them.....maybe a home away from home. AT LEAST WE CAN TRY !!

1 comment:

Sushil Menon said...

till the time i dint have kids, i use to look at em as creeps I guess..with a 'yuck' feeling when u see them. but my view took a 360 degree turn when I became a father. i see em on the streets and then I think of Shyam and then I feel sad for them.

How much ever one would one to do something behind what we see - there exists a mafia...who will take on them