Sunday, June 15, 2008

Still Counting!! gimme some more crows, please


Music transcends all language barriers, cuts across cultural boundaries. It's an Ocean out there.... different strokes for different folks. Every possible genre defined, the geniuses are still at work.Trying to create new streams everyday.


One such genius behind a cult rock band is Adam Duritz. Yes ! I am talking about the awesome, incomparable, my favorite band, the counting crows. I am a proud owner of all their masterpieces but one. Their signature album, August and Everything After, for some strange reason, is still missing from my collection. Not for long though.


Their latest offering Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings has completely blown me away. Wow !! what a swashbuckling return. The music grows on you with every listen. Lot of people felt that the band, lost its way with Hard Candy. But I don't agree with them. I think the music on the record is as good as you will ever hear.


Thanks guys for serving yet another work of art! Can't wait to see you back in the studios and doing what you do best..........making the music for the soul.

No comments: